Public Speaking and Presenting
Our team has an impressive resume of public speaking, facilitation, and presenter roles.
2016 iucn world conservation congress
- Speaking engagement with former Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding.
- Involved with a selected group for aHigh Level Dialogue (30 invitees).
- Presented during five Congress sessions, with attendance at each presentation ranging from 50-300 attendees.
- Hosted one Pavilion session with 250 attendees and was a Master of Ceremonies for the session.
- Sat on three panels representing a perspective on youth and young professionals in conservation.
2014 IUCN Work Parks Congress
- Five presentations on CoalitionWILD to audiences between 50-400 people
- One of six key members in writing the Young People’s Pact
- Final document was presented to World Parks Congress delegation of 6,000+
- Final document accepted as a part of The Promise of Sydney
2015 hope decoded
- One of four Champions chosen to be studied and showcased as leading projects that instill hope in society
- Worked with a diverse group of 10 social activists to deconstruct and analyze key aspects of CoalitionWILD for replication and learning
- Presented findings and process to audience of 150+
a rap guide to wilderness kickstarter
Environmental organization, the WILD Foundation, began working with Canadian hip-hop artist Baba Brinkman on a collection of rap songs that capture the spirit of conservation efforts in a way that is infectious and heartfelt. Before he was a rapper, Baba was a tree planter who worked for twelve years in the Canadian wilderness, single-handedly planting more than a million trees.
inspiring a new generation (ING) summit
Shepardstown, West virginia
Over 200 key stakeholders, many under the age of 35, participated in the task of designing A Frame-work for Action to build life-long relationships with nature for current and future generations. The ING Summit built on the issues identified by the Inspiring a New Generation Stream at the World Parks Congress, held in 2015.
Inspiring a New Generation at the World Parks Congress Webinar
harvard kennedy school
Provided an overview of the overall objectives and focus of Inspiring a New Generation at the World Parks Congress (Sydney, 2014), including work being done around large landscape connectivity
10th world wilderness congress
- Presented and officially launched CoalitionWILD
- Participated on panel, “New Constituencies-Inspiring, Informing and Empowering”
- ~3,500 attendees/online viewers
- Moderated panel discussion during Global Forum ~50 attendees
- Presented during Global Forum ~50 attendees